The Billing Manager position is an important part of the organization at Veritext, and will be responsible for the management of billing associates. The Billing Manager will lay the foundation for a strong, accurate, efficient, and flexible team capable of handling changes and growth. Tapping increased revenue potential and maintaining a strong focus on sustaining and increasing Gross Profit.
• Effectively manage the billing team—assessing skill level, workload, and implementing changes to more smoothly handle the workload
• Implement a performance management plan for the team to include team meetings, one-on-one coaching sessions, cross-account training, and individual development plans
• Create metrics for individual billers and the team, as well as a system of goals and incentives
• Provide training as needed and manage performance
• Create spreadsheets to track and share billing metrics with management
• Track account revenue monthly, noting trends and alerting upper management of decreased activity
• Work with sales team to understand billing requirements of each new client/case, and smoothly implement billing process
• Audit invoices for accuracy, uniformity, and further revenue opportunities
• Work with team, sales, and management to identify and implement other revenue or GP-enhancing opportunities
• Create special billing spreadsheets and reports for clients who require them
• Learn e-Billing platforms and train/support billers on uploading and dealing with rejections
• Work with IT to fix issues, increase efficiency, and make sure needed tools and reports work
• Other duties as assigned
Skills and Competencies
• Excellent management skills
• Customer service oriented with strong interpersonal skills; able to respond promptly to internal and external client needs, follow through and resolve issues in a pleasant and helpful manner.
• Proactive and motivated with good team building skills.
• Computer skills including knowledge of Excel and MS Outlook.
• Must be detail-oriented and accurate, ability to work well under pressure.
• Results Driven, Professionalism, Integrity and Accountability
-Bachelors degree in related field
-Minimum of 2-4 years Billing and Management experience.
-Proficient in relevant computer software packages and applications (Excel)
-Excellent verbal and written communication
Please submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements,
Veritext considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job related medical c ondition or handicap, or any other legally protected status. Veritext maintains a “zero tolerance” for child abuse and/or substance abuse. Criminal background check and other federal or state screenings for child abuse will be conducted. Screening tests for alcohol and illegal drug use may be required before hiring and during employment.