Veritext is looking for a full time Video Technician in our Washington, DC office.
The Audio Technician position is an important part of the organization at Veritext, and will be responsible for setting up and maintaining all audio equipment, overseeing the deposition/hearing/meeting process, monitoring the equipment during the proceedings to ensure they are being adequately and intelligibly recorded, and taking detailed notes that will be used to transcribe testimony.
- Use professional-grade audio recording equipment to monitor and record depositions, court proceedings, and meetings.
- Perform some of the same functions as stenographers, for example, swear in witnesses, play back testimony, mark exhibits, and provide audio/notes on a quick turnaround for expedited transcripts.
- When not on the record, Audio Technicians are responsible for going through their audio to make sure notes, spellings, and speaker identifications are clear, as well as spot-checking transcripts returned by transcribers for accuracy.
- Audio Technicians may in some instances transcribe their own work, as well as provide a variety of other internal office assistance with the production, scheduling, and billing processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Competencies:
- Experience working in a law firm or professional services firm is preferred.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Excel, and Word.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Results Driven, Professionalism, Integrity and Accountability
|Qualification||Associates Degree or equivalent work experience||– Certified Notary DC, VA and MD|
|Experience||– 1-3 years experience using professional-grade audio recording equipment||Knowledge of legal services industry.|
|Prior Knowledge||-Proficient in relevant computer software packages and applications-Excellent verbal and written communication|
Benefit Plan offered to full time employees
Veritext considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job related medical c ondition or handicap, or any other legally protected status. Veritext maintains a “zero tolerance” for child abuse and/or substance abuse. Criminal background check and other federal or state screenings for child abuse will be conducted. Screening tests for alcohol and illegal drug use may be required before hiring and during employment.